Saturday, July 9, 2011

5 months!!





















BRACES ARE OFF. BRACES ARE OFF. BRACES ARE OFF.

Do you know how EASY eating is now? It's absolutely amazing!!! I can eat an apple!!! Yesterday, I ate a salad at work, and didn't have to worry about all the leaves being stuck in my braces. Oh my gosh, this is love. BTW, it hurts to get braces off ):. they made me open my mouth as far as I can for around 20 minutes. I had no clue my jaw was still weak from the surgery, but it hurt keeping it open that wide. Be prepared guys, stretch your mouth/jaw regularly!

So I feel no pain from the jaw surgery otherwise. I still have bumps along my jaw line, but it is only noticeable through touch not sight. As well, when you rub a certain spot on my jaw (approx where the cut was) it feels like I'm being tickled across the whole cut... It's a weird sensation but definitely prompts nothing more than an "oh, cool". And, when I eat something really cold or really hot, the sensation flows through the cut. Again, weird, but nothing that will hinder me in my life.

Feel free to post any questions, I want to do a huge post on the whole experience but I don't know what I want to put in it. Give some ideas! :D

Thank you all so much for supporting throughout the journey. I'll have a few more updates to do, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Just wanted to say your new smile is fantastic!It looks so amazing and your blog has been great for me. :D
    I'm getting the exact same surgery done at the end of the year, so just out of curiosity, how far did you get your jaw moved forward?
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sarah! As well, I'm really glad the blog helped you in any away :)

    I am not exactly sure what the measurements were, but the estimation made by my surgeon was 4-6mm to the front and 2-3mm to the left.

    Best of wishes to your surgery! It's good you're doing research so early on!! :)

    Feel free to ask any more questions!!!

    ReplyDelete